Friday 16 January 2015

Inside Scoop at Bangsar

To tell you guys the truth, even though I have a thing for dessert, I rarely an ice cream eater like going to a shop & buy an ice cream to eat on a sunny day or going to place like Baskin Robbins to buy a scoop. The only time i eat ice cream when the dessert have a scoop or two like on waffles or pancakes. Unbelievable? Believe it. 

Last time i really did that when i was in Melbourne on vacation. There I was at Lygon St (a street full of Mediterranean restaurants) after a lunch. My buddy, Yus recommend me to try local ice cream so i went to the nearest i could find (sigh, too bad i don't recall the name of the shop). The ice cream there was heavenly. Freshly made, creamy, milky, the core ingredients just struck you in your mouth especially the durian. Yes, they have durian ice cream in Australia! 

After the whimsical experience, Yus been telling me that Inside Scoop is quite good as well. So I went there the other day to try. It just a small shop but can be crowded at night as customers going for a scoop or two or their waffles. There are lots of flavors with some of them are your usual suspects & some are unique like cempedak & durian. Don't worry, you can sample each flavor before buying the ice cream. This place offered a take away container so no worry about not able to try all. 


The ice cream selection. The covered one is the durian. 

I've tried their durian, cempedak, kopi ais, teh tarik, pistachio, horlick, salted caramel & Valrhona Choc. The durian & cempedak ice cream was surprisingly good. Tasted like the real stuff but with a twist of creamy & milky buy my favorite is their teh tarik. The flavors changed from time to time so expect new flavor to show up on your next visit. The plus point here is you can suggest a flavor of your choice! I haven't suggest anything yet. Maybe in the future. 

The menu. 

So me, my mom & my sis decided to go for their waffle this time with triple scoops of ice cream. Our selection was Valrhona choc, horlick & salted caramel. The Valrhona choc was extremely good. Pure dark choc with no or maybe less sugar. The horlick was good as well but their salted caramel just OKlah. Not too bad but not too wow either. However their waffle was good. Light waffle with lightly salted and goes well with each ice cream flavor. A must try. 

Waffle with triple scoop (RM 21.90)

I managed to have a chat with the owner. Apparently, she studied in Australia & decided to bring back aussie ice cream goodness here. She quickly know about the shop i went when i told her about my experience there. 

The crowd might temp you away on first visit as there are only few seats in the shop but no worries, you can always pack away a scoop or two. Don't forget to sample first!


Inside Scoop
Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar





No comments:

Post a Comment