Wednesday 21 January 2015

Ichiban Boshi at Sunway Giza

I never write about Japanese food before even though I frequently eat at Japanese restaurants. Never thought about it before probably because i was hungry. lol. Anyway, today I'm going to share my recent japanese cuisine experience here. 

Nowadays, there are a lot of japanese eateries out there be in Selangor/KL or other states. It is getting more & more popular thanks to the growing F&B business here in Malaysia plus the influence of anime culture. Hey, i gotta admit, i learned to eat Ramen because of Naruto, pastries because of Yakitate, Japan! & food because of Cooking Master. My first japanese cuisine experience wasn't that nice. I drank a cup of ketchup thinking it was a coffee. I even cooked the sashimi on a hot plate. But now, I'm a fan of salmon sushi. 

I was in Kota Damansara yesterday for futsal game & have plenty of time before the game so i decided to have a dinner. Since last week my diet have been only chicken & beef so i decided to get some fish for balance. There are plenty of japanese restaurant here so i decided to go for Ichiban Boshi. 

The menu divided into 3; 1 for ala carte food, 1 for sushi/sashimi & 1 for drinks. I decided to go for lighter choice so sushi it is. 

The menus

I ordered Salmon Yukke (Fresh salmon, rice roll with cucumber, omelette, mayonnaise, japanese hot sauce & topped with slice of avocado). The salmon was good & goes well with other element. Not spicy though. Perhaps the explosive wasabi way hotter than the sauce. 

Salmon Yukke Roll (RM 17.90)

Then i snatched 3 more plate of salmon sushi from the sushi belt. The 1st one was Aburi Salmon (Seared salmon belly). It was nice with lightly seared salmon. The meat was fatty.

Aburi Salmon (RM 3.99)

Next was Salmon Mentaiyaki (Aburi Salmon with Salmon roe & hot mayonnaise). Compared to the one i had at sushi zanmai, it wasn't too far left behind. Lightly seared with additional taste of mayonnaise & roe.

Salmon Mentaiyaki (RM 3.99)

Lastly it was Double Salmon (Lightly seared salmon roll topped with salmon roe with salmon mayo). It was mouthful. This time around they used just normal seared salmon but thick cut instead of seared salmon belly. The salmon mayo provided some edge for this sushi. 

Double Salmon (RM 5.99)

Overall it was good meal. I will pay a visit again to try other dish like bento & ramen. Each restaurant have their own signature dish. Surely there are a lot to try out there. 


Ichiban Boshi,
Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara





No comments:

Post a Comment