Tuesday 21 April 2015

Franco at IOI City Mall, Putrajaya

Hello folks,

Recently, i found a new eating place liked by my friends on Facebook called Franco. A small research showed me that Franco is a Japanese-French dining. I've experienced Japanese-French bakery before which i think was fantastic. They're my kryptonite. lol. Anyway, Franco slowly gaining popularity among food lovers & they already have branches in The Curve & IOI city mall. 

Being a Japanese-french theme cafe, some food are purely fusion of both. I have to admit, i was lost in the dessert area. lol. After browsing the menu, we decided to go for Squid ink Pasta, Riz Au Curry & Cream Cheese Souffle Pancake. 

The menu. Well, the part of it.

I've eaten Squid ink pasta before during my recent trip in Japan. According to the menu, they used wasabi infused cooking oil to cook this pasta but i don't seem to taste the exploding taste of wasabi. It was a decent dish but not that wow. Squid ring was nice cook, not rubbery. 

Squid ink pasta

My mate ordered their Riz au Curry, baked japanese rice topped with japanese curry, eggs, & cheese with sausages. I personally fancy of this dish. For those who is on weight watch, this meal enough to fulfill your day. lol. Even though the rice wasn't sticky as japanese rice but it was still good. The curry was nice & mild. The cheese added extra creaminess. 

Riz au Curry

Lastly, we ended our meal with Cream Cheese Souffle Pancake. I always loved pancake. Savory & sweet, both are a joy to eat. I only ate souffle twice in my life. So this was a good chance for me to eat it. Souffle pancake took like 20 minutes to prepare & it was worth the wait for me. Soft souffle like texture with cream cheese inside. You can opt to drizzle the caramel sauce on top of it. It was very nice. The cream cheese provided the pleasant sourness & the outside was sweet & soft. 

Cream cheese souffle pancake

The inside. 

Overall it was a nice first experience. Definitely will return to try more of the dessert. 

Franco
IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.





No comments:

Post a Comment