Friday 27 February 2015

Grafa Cafe & Restaurant at SS15

Happy Friday Folks. 

When I thought I've seen all the cafe & restaurant in SS15, looks like I merely scratch the surface. On my hunt for Sangkaya recently, I noticed a restaurant just across Sangkaya which look very promising. They had the similar refurbished chopper bikes just like at Kulcats. Same owner? Maybe. My brother have been there once & he told me the place does share some similarity with Kulcats. Looks like i must give it a try. 

Located on one of the least famous street in SS15, Grafa have been operating for the last 3 years & going strong. Apparently, Grafa owner is the same owner of Kapten Steamboat & Grill across the road. Here in Grafa, they offered asian cuisine like Nasi Goreng, Noodles & Nasi Balado, dish hailed from Java. They also offered western cuisine with asian twist. Tempting yes? The interior was hipster kind of way with pair of nike air force one displayed on the shelves. I always want one of those. lol. It is also open air but no smoking is allowed. 

The interior

Quite a number of dishes offered here. Pizza was just introduced in the menu recently as well. We took a bit of time to decide on what to order as almost all dishes look tempting. Finally, we ordered Creamy Salted Egg Pasta, Girlfriend Steak Sandwich & Nasi Balado. There was 3 of us; my mom & sister. 

First up, Creamy Salted Egg Pasta. You can choose either chicken or seafood. My mom went for the former. A big portion of lightly creamy gravy pasta with small chicken chunks, slices of salami, onions, garlic & salted egg yolks. It was pleasant. The salted egg wasn't too overpowering with the creamy gravy a bit like carbonara. Onions provide the sweetness. 

Creamy Salted Egg Pasta (RM 20)

My sis ordered their Girlfriend Steak Sandwich. The name girlfriend? I have no idea. A triple french toast with sweet steak cuts & some mustard. The steak cuts was soft not too chewy. Marinade was sweet balanced with mustard presence. The bread was made into french toast. Accompanied by well seasoned fries. 

Girlfriend Steak Sandwich (RM 15)

As for me, I went to the east by ordering Nasi Balado; a recipe came from somewhere in Indonesia. For this dish, you can choose either chicken, beef, shrimps or squid. I never tried this dish before so i went for chicken. The dish made up of a serving of white rice, plain omelette & chunky chicken cooked with chili, lots of them, onions & spices. Oh my it was really spicy but in a pleasant kind of way. Deliciously spicy. Although i feel a cup of soup might help since there are no gravy present but it was quite good. 

Nasi Balado (RM 12.50)

We had a good dining experience here. No wonder this place often flocked with hungry students. The price similar to other places of similar standard. Second visit will be soon i'm sure. 

Grafa Cafe & Restaurant
Jalan SS15/4B, Subang Jaya









No comments:

Post a Comment