Sunday 8 March 2015

D'nie Tomyam at Baging, Cherating

Hello folks.

My work nature often requires me to travel to the east coast especially Kemaman. Terengganu as we all know are famous for their local food such as Keropok lekor, satar & many other things. On my way there, i will pass Cherating before i can reach Kemaman. I was introduced to this place by a taxi driver that i hired on my previous job. We stopped for lunch. This place was quite isolated although it is just on the main road side when you pass by Baging but the easiest landmark is this place just the opposite of Restoran Sri Baging. 

I never tried Gulai Kawah before. Surely a lot of infamous east coast foods already penetrated Klang Valley food scene but I haven't stumble upon Gulai Kawah before. Probably overlook it. D'nie Tomyam offers Nasi Gulai Kawah, Nasi Sup, & Nasi Kukus for lunch among other ala carte choices. 

The menu

So I asked the cab driver for recommendation & he told me to order Nasi Gulai Kawah & I did just that. It was a set meal made of a plate of rice, acar, salted fish & a bowl of Gulai Kawah. The Gulai Kawah made of spices in a thick gravy & chunks of meats. It was quite good. The gravy had the taste of black pepper & bunga cengkih inside but not too much. Just enough to enhance the taste. Meat was nicely cooked & soft too.

Nasi Gulai Kawah (RM 7)

For anyone travelling to the east, you might probably want to stop by & fuel up your stomach here. 

D'nie Tomyam
Baging, Cherating (Just opposite Restoran Sri Baging)



No comments:

Post a Comment