Wednesday 28 September 2016

Cor Blimey! British Fish & Chips at SS15

Good day folks.

I still remember years ago during my first ever trip to London. I had the best fish & chips experience ever. When I'm back in Malaysia, it's quite hard to find a decent fish & chips. I might be asking too much for a fish & chips similar to what i had in London but as many as i tried here, none ever come close. Few days ago I was in SS15 when i noticed a odd looking name for a restaurant, Cor Blimey! Heck, i don't know what it stands for but since it said on the signage the place serves British Fish & Chips, i did a research on the place. The owner is from UK & his mission is to bring the almost authentic British Fish & Chips here in Malaysia. Surely he will up against the big names of Manhattan Fish market & Fish & Co. but i just couldn't pass this chance for a british fish & chips. The restaurant is decorated with memorabilia from UK with signage of England's famous districts. 



The menu focus on fish & chips with some other things as alternatives. Aside from fish, they do have chicken wings & calamari as well. 

The menu

Here they have 4 types of fish; Cod, Butterfish, Snapper & Dory. Surely nice to have haddock but Cod with be my first choice here. You have the option of choosing the batter as well varies from plain to coconut curry. The dish will come with thick cut chips & tartar sauce but you can choose sides of mushy mint peas, coleslaw or baked beans. My fiance told me she used to eat fish & chips with mushy mint peas. I never had them before so i'm gonna give it a try. 

Fish & Chips

The fish is served just as the picture. A generous cut of fish fillet with thick cut of chips accompany by tartar sauce & mushy mint peas. I tried the lemon & herb batter with cod fish fillet. The batter was nicely done with crispiness to it. The fish well cooked as well. Don't expect it to be as fresh as London's but it's ok to me. The batter had a feint taste to it but goes well with the flavorful tartar sauce. The chips was thick yet soft. I personally loved the mushy mint peas. The mint taste wasn't strong yet wasn't feint. A good combination. Personally, it's a decent fish & chips. Quite close to the ones i had in UK especially the chips. 

Cor Blimey!
Jalan SS15/4, Subang Jaya
Closed on Monday




No comments:

Post a Comment