Tuesday 28 April 2015

Relish at IOI City Mall, Putrajaya

Selamat Sejahtera folks. 

A lot of my friend been asking me this question, "u suka makan kat tempat class & western ek?". Well, they're not half wrong. I like to try food. And some food only available at those kind of restaurant. But i still appreciate malay street food like ikan bakar in Bellamy, or Nasi Sup Daging at Telaga Simpul which are very delicious which i have yet to post here. Someday i will. 

Putrajaya new mall, IOI City mall full of new & familiar restaurants. One of the restaurant that caught my attention during my earlier visit was Relish. This restaurant served malay cuisine with one or two dish are modernized malay dish. Even though I like western cuisine but hey, i grow up with malay food so malay dish always have a place in my heart....or tummy. lol. The menu consisted of collection of famous malay dish like Nasi kerabu & laksa but also a fusion dish like pasta with malay touch. 


The menu

As some of you who might have known me, I would definitely go for the weirdest choice. So me & my mate ordered Chicken Satay Burger, Spicy Smoked Beef Pasta & Durian Pancake. The first up was Spicy Smoked Beef Pasta which is spaghetti cooked in tumeric coconut milk stew with beef. The gravy was nicely creamy & flavorsome. The beef was succulent. The gravy tasted a bit like rendang though. A bit tad spicy though.

Spicy Smoked Beef Pasta

My order was Chicken Satay Burger. The burger was made of Charcoal sesame seed bun, grilled deboned chicken thigh with satay sauce, shredded cucumber & a dash of peanut butter. It was quite amazing. The chicken retained the woody aroma. The satay sauce was sufficiently nice. The cucumber added the extra fresh taste in it while the peanut butter added the edge of creaminess. Served with 2 onion rings, keropok lekor & veggie condiments. 

Chicken Satay Burger

Lastly, we end our dinner with Durian Pancake. I've eaten one before and this one was quite similar. Pancake made of thin crepe with fresh cream & durian. It was quite nice with the durian was sweet. 


Durian Pancake

For anyone who crave that twist in malay dish, can head to Relish for something different. A bit similar to Serai but much cheaper. The other dish remain untested which is a ticket for next visit. 

Relish
IOI City Mall (near ice rink)





No comments:

Post a Comment